Recycling and Sharing Opportunities at SNH
SNH provides many opportunities for community recycling. Current opportunities;
- Collection point for Plastic Lids on behalf of https://www.facebook.com/groups/lids4kidswesternvic
- Please ensure only correct lids as indicated in the picture below are donated. Lids must be washed and preferably sorted by colour. If you have a large donation please make direct contact the lids for kids team via their facebook page above.
Plastic Bread Tags
- Collection point for plastic Bread Tags on behalf of https://www.facebook.com/aussiebreadtags
- So much foil! Please drop off your empty of all medication and vitamins Blister Packs.
- Please feel free to drop off your pens, felt tips, highlighters and markers. Check out the poster for what is and is not accepted. We’ll then take these to Office Works for recycling.
Repair Cafe Sunbury
Repair Cafe Sunbury meets on the last Saturday of the month at Sunbury Neighbourhood House from 10 am to 12.30pm with the aim to link community repairers with community members to share skills and knowledge in repairing items and preventing landfill.
See more information on Repair Cafe Facebook page below.
Boomerang Bags Sunbury
Boomerang Bags Sunbury meets on the first Saturday of the month at Sunbury Neighbourhood House from 9am – 12pm.
Free Little Libraries and Share Tables in Sunbury
Free little libraries and share tables Sunbury are a fantastic way to pass on a book you’ve finished or excess produce you have grown. Please contact SNH on firstname.lastname@example.org or msg the facebook page if you would like to list your Library or Share Table.
Party Kit Network Sunbury – Coming Soon!
SNH hire reusbable Party Kits for your kids birthday parties and occasions. Items include, plates, bowls, cups, cutlery, jugs, platters and buntings. The kits are FREE to hire however a $50 refundable deposit is taken to ensure the kits are returned complete, clean and not damaged.
Party Kits are not available during the Covid 19 Restrictions. When restrictions are lifted, consideration will be given to reimplementing the program.
Sunbury Neighbourhood Garden
Let’s put the Neighbourhood in Sunbury Neighbourhood House and Garden!
Do you like getting your hands dirty? Want to be part of Sunbury’s growing Neighbourhood Garden? At SNH we are building a new productive garden to be enjoyed by a whole community. Our vision is for an abundant garden full of food and secret paths to explore. It will be a learning space and a peaceful retreat and we’d love you to help us bring it to life – it will be your garden after all. We meet the last Saturday in the month from around 10am to 2pm. Send your details to email@example.com if you would like to be added to the mailing list.